Thursday, August 11, 2016

magic glitter

This is the fourth day in a row I've biked so I need a break soon. Maybe the weekend. I watched more HBO NOW on my phone while I biked. A movie called The 33 about the 2010 mine collapse that trapped 33 men for 69 days. It only got 44% on Rotten Tomatoes but I tend to want to judge for myself. I don't always share the tastes of the crowd.

Cro didn't feel well yesterday (bad headache) but says he feels a little better today.

Matt and I enjoyed Star Trek - Beyond. We went into the theater thinking that my Jeep battery might be dead but hoped for the best. I had turned off everything while waiting for him but neglected to turn off the headlights. Hmm, it wasn't more than 15 minutes. Odd. We hoped that somehow the battery would recharge during the movie. And if nothing else, I have TripleA so wasn't worried. After we got back from the movie Matt stood by my open Jeep window while I tried the ignition and… nope. But then magic happened. He reached in and grabbed a piece of glitter from my dashboard, said magic glitter. At the same time I was saying "hmm, is it all the way in Park?", it was in park but I tapped the gear shift anyway and tried the keys again… VROOM. It started! Yay! No need to call TripleA. We both had a good laugh about the magic glitter. The Jeep is older but he's not really THAT old (1999). Definitely no where near being ready to call it quits.

Here's a couple of pics from today's 5 mile elliptical biking on my Virtual Journey


Edenton is just ahead. I think Cro said he was born in Edenton.

Chowan is a BIG North Carolina river that empties into Albermarle Sound.



[carbs]
------
[ 5g ] spicy burger quiche
[ 2g ] peanut butter
[ 1g ] mozzarella stick
[ 4.4g ] 5oz broccoli soup
[ 1g ] a tiny amount of peanuts
=====Total 13.4 carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...