Monday, September 26, 2016

various projects

I think I mentioned recently that Cro had constructed a mini-forge and was attempting to make a mokume-gane ring (Mokume-gane is working metal to emulate woodgrain through layering). The ring is being commissioned by one of his co-workers. Below is the result. I think he did a pretty awesome job. He said the guy who commissioned it is very happy. The ring is slightly too small so he will be bringing it home tonight to open it up a tiny bit more. He can easily make the ring larger but it would be impossible to make it smaller.

He used his wood lathe in making this ring and said it would take him a fraction of the time if he had proper equipment. His goal is to commission 10 or 15 more rings in order to buy a metal lathe.

Mokume-gane ring made of copper and nickel.


I didn't bike all weekend and thought it might be tough getting back into it this morning. Nope, it was a breeze. I'm up to over 150 miles now.

5.3 miles this morning.

I bought a food dehydrator (just a cheapo thing) and have been dehydrating zucchini chips. Some wonderful venison jerky is in my future.

[carbs]
------
[ 7g ] protein shake
[ 0g ] pork rinds
[ 6g ] cream cheese
[ 4g ] Quest bar
[ 4g ] Quest bar

=====Total ___ carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...