Friday, October 7, 2016

hit the hay

Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children was very good. Matt and I both agreed it was a much better experience than last week's Blair Witch rehash. We also agreed that we even enjoy going to the bad movies because we talk about it so much after. Hehe. We'll always be able to laugh about how nauseating it was and enjoy the fact that we went through it, but it is long over!

Matt had a much worse cable service frustration to tell than my paying for unused modem rent because I didn't want to travel to a bad part of town to drop it off. Did you know certain companies have been known to require a copy of the death certificate before honoring a request to end service for a deceased family member? That and unkind questions like "Will anyone else be in the home? Maybe they would enjoy the service be left on." Ugh, what an ugly way to handle a grieving family member who is trying to take care of final details.  It seems there should be a better way for them to get their proof. Maybe send email to the account holder giving countdown to service termination with option to say "Hey, I haven't died. Leave my service on!".

I decided to look behind me for my pic from this morning's bicycling routine. Cool, a trailer hauling tractors. The biking seems to become easier once I hit the 3 miles mark. Home stretch syndrome I guess. My horse would always perk up and walk faster when we got closer to home. The hay was calling!

5.5 miles first thing this morning.


[carbs]
------
[ 7g ] protein shake
[ 18g ] Halo Top ice cream
[ 0g ] item

=====Total ___ carbs=====

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention.... My parents had a heck of a time closing out my granny's services when she passed. Even social security checks kept coming into her direct deposit after they provided the death certificate. They had to wait for the SS office to retract the deposits before they could close the account out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I guess it's just business as usual for everyone else but adds extra strain on the family.

      I told mom about Matt's issue and she said she understands why they do that but yeah, they could be less cold-hearted about it. Then she told me about her two sisters who missed work one day because they had stayed out too late and overslept the next morning. Her sister Jane told her boss that she had overslept, was sorry, and she was forgiven. Her sister Ruth lied and said her grandfather had died. Her boss sent flowers to the funeral home only to find out there was no funeral. My Aunt Ruth was fired. :P

      Delete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...