Monday, October 3, 2016

yay October & making beef jerky

Time is going way too fast. It's October already! It seems like we were just starting September and now it's gone. Is this how quickly the rest of my life is going to go by? I hope not!

Cro has been losing weight (on purpose) and finally got to the point were he was afraid of losing his wedding ring because it was so loose. So what did he do yesterday? He made a substitute ring on his wood lathe. He says that will be the last ring he makes using the wood lathe though since it takes him so long. Hopefully he will be able to afford a metal lathe soon. He has a plan to create Mokume-Gane pendants to sell in a Kick-starter project. I've not done a Kick-starter but he plans to ask my cousin the ins and outs of getting one started.

My 5.5 miles on the recumbent bike seemed pretty easy this morning. I'll do another 5 miles later and keep a goal of 10 miles per day going this week if I can.


5.5 miles and I'm passing between the Durham and Chapel Hill areas.

I've noticed a change in Loki's bulk. I think he's matured out of the "teenager" body and has entered "young adult". Our baby is growing up!

I have strips of top round steak to put on the dehydrator today. Cro put together a marinade and it's been soaking in that all night. I don't know how long it will take to jerkify but I'm going to get it started.



[carbs]
------
[ 7g ] protein shake
[ 7g ] protein shake
[ 6g ] pork rinds and cream cheese
[ 4g ] Quest bar
[ 3g ] fluff stuff

=====Total 27 carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...