Thursday, January 5, 2017

overdue update! Happy New Year!

It's 2017 already and I haven't blogged since last year! Okay, that was only a week or so ago but still, time is moving fast.

SheZug, I took a quick glance at your blog and OMG your sweet face!! I hate that you are going through so much pain and love the pic of your guy just wanting to hold your hand. That is love right there. I hope it is starting to be a bit less painful. *gentle hugs*

I visited mom and my sister for a late Christmas. It was so good to see them. I learned some scary news that my sister is going through menopause. What??!!! I am the older sister and I'm still years away from menopause if I take after mom and see it begin at 50. My poor sister! Mom says it only lasted two years for her so hopefully Laura will see the end of it sooner than that. She also has diabetes and doesn't care for it properly (she just goes for an insulin shot any time she feels bad). Mom is too afraid to allow her to spend the night now (mom lives way out in the country and fears what would happen if she needed medical attention quickly).

Anyway, I'm going off on a bad news trip. Hit the brakes and change lanes, lol.

I loved seeing my mom and sister. I gave mom a new saddle for her horse for Christmas. That is how healthy she is. 74 and still riding horses every day that the weather allows. She rides with the kid down the road who I used to ride horses with when I was a kid. Needless to say that kid is no longer a kid. She now owns the home that she grew up in and has a husband and kids of her own.

Cro and I bought a new camera together for our Christmas. We haven't even used it yet other than a few practice shots he took to make sure everything worked. It does! :) I bought a tri-pod and Cro spent part of his time off emptying our "junk" room so we can turn it into a photo studio.

Matt and I did our late Christmas together last night. He got me one of those COOL salt lamps that I've been wanting and I was able to give him the Babadook popup book. I think I was more excited to give it to him than getting a gift myself. I hope he liked it (he said he did of course but he had to know how excited I was in giving it to him). We went to see the movie Jackie after our gift exchange. Wow, that was a good peek into her life right after the horror. I'm still thinking about it … it leaves an impression that doesn't go away.

Work is slamming me this month. Three new websites, an email design and my usual crop of updates for the Texas home builder sites. It makes me tired thinking about it all!

And here's my early morning 7ish miles. I suppose my resolution is to keep it up with the exercise. Exercise makes me feel good. ^_^

7.4 miles and on my way out of Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...