Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Road cuts!

Oh my, now THAT is a road cut. I love it. 712.6 miles so far since August. Loki didn't scurry to me when he heard the bike timer go off this morning. Lazy cat!!!


It suddenly feels like Friday though it is only Tuesday. I'm just full of happy. My former co-worker/current client is so fun to work with. I'm doing custom css edits to make a Wordpress theme do what it never imagined it could do.

Matt's client bailed for something cheaper. I was going to say less expensive but the number we gave the guy was in no way more expensive than it had to be and in lots of ways we even cut the price. Any less and I would be working for free. It's all good. More time to focus on my big project. A couple of small ones (well three today) needed some quick additions and updates but that is a normal day.

Okay, enough of work. I've started writing mom a letter each week as a fun New Year's Resolution thing. Talk more to mom! I only started a couple of weeks ago but she's already sent one letter in response and I just sent another one to her today. In order for us to not feel at a loss for what to write I'm including a topic for each one. Last week's topic was "What is your earliest memory?" It was so fun to read her's.

Mom says:
     Tracy, my childhood memories are a bit harder to recall. My ghost memories are a little different from the factual truth. But here goes. I remember your uncle *** putting his tongue on a steel icy bridge railing and his lick got stuck-froze. *** got a fair dose of enlightenment. He never did that again. Me! I was always a good little girl. Seeing my brothers and sisters do stupid acts gave me open-mindedness.
     My letter will be short as well. I need to get some work done too, but your work is important work. Thanks for the cauliflower recipe. Yum. I will make some. It looks appetizing enough for my Bunco party snack. I don't think anyone would disagree.

It was longer but that is enough to share. This week I talked about the eagle cam and watching the baby eagle grow. The topic is "nick-names".

1 comment:

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...